Los claustros del monasterio de San Jerónimo el Real

Journal article by Inocencio Cadiñanos Bardeci

Full text: Download

Publisher: Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas (CSIC)

Preprint: archiving forbidden. Upload

Postprint: archiving forbidden. Upload

Published version: archiving allowed. Upload

Policy details (opens in a new window). Data provided by SHERPA/RoMEO
Abstract
The Monastery of San Jerónimo El Real (Madrid) had a complex system of four cloisters in Renaissance and Baroque styles. The author studies the history of their construction. The old cloister dates from the beginning of the 16th century. Fray Lorenzo de San Nicolás designed the project for the main and definitive cloister; the construction began in 1672 and was terminated by the end of the century.El Monasterio de San Jerónimo (Madrid) dispuso de un complejo sistema de cuatro claustros del renacimiento y el barroco. El presente trabajo estudia la historia de su construcción. El viejo claustro es de comienzos del XVI. El autor del diseño del claustro principal y definitivo fue fray Lorenzo de San Nicolás. La construcción fue iniciada en 1672 y finalizada con el siglo.