Preprint: archiving allowed.
Postprint: archiving restricted:
- 12 months embargo
Published version: archiving forbidden.
- Pre-print can only be posted prior to acceptance
- Pre-print must be accompanied by set statement (see link)
- Pre-print must not be replaced with post-print, instead a link to published version with amended set statement should be made
- Pre-print on author's personal website, employer website, free public server or pre-prints in subject area
- Post-print in Institutional repositories or Central repositories
- Publisher's version/PDF cannot be used
- Published source must be acknowledged
- Must link to publisher version
- Set phrase to accompany archived copy (see policy)
- Eligible authors may deposit in OpenDepot
- The publisher will deposit in PubMed Central on behalf of NIH authors